- Advocate on behalf of breastfeeding mothers, babies and their families.
- Educate society on the importance of human milk and breastfeeding for infant and maternal health.
- Provide opportunities for networking, collaboration, and resource sharing among breastfeeding advocates in Michigan.
- Serve as an official advocate on health issues affecting mothers and babies.
- Serve as a resource for legislators and policy makers.
- Promote World Breastfeeding Week and Michigan Breastfeeding Awareness Month.
- Provide breastfeeding information through workshops and exhibits at the annual HMHB conference.
- Maintain a website with a listing of breastfeeding coalitions and organizations in Michigan.
- Create and distribute materials and policy statements on issues that impact breastfeeding in Michigan.